Pea flowers



My sister loves sweet peas. She gave me a dozen plants or so, which I have planted in pots to grow up home-made hazel teepees. They will sit on the terrace near to the garden seat, where I drink my morning coffee and where I will be able to enjoy their scent.

But this is an edible garden and flowers of the pea plants are already putting on a spectacular show. I don't what has happened, but this year's pea plants are twice the size they were last year. The white Kelvedon Wonder blooms are dainty and delightful (see below).


But the stars of the show are the purple and pink flowers of the shiraz mangetout (top). And when they are finished I get delicious purple pods. We had our first taste of them yesterday. Summer and summer harvests are beginning. Yippee!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why

Foraging For No Work

Growing in the compost bin